Here are some examples of strategic initiatives that will drive progress across the 5Cs and support our goal to become the ‘Go-To’ bank.
Customer & Client
- We are using technology to improve our customers’ and clients’ experience and to be responsive to their changing needs, such as through Barclays Mobile Banking, BARX, PayTag and Barclays.Net
- We are making our most important customer and client interactions as simple and instant as possible – putting power in their hands to transact when, where and how they want to
- We are simplifying our products and services and improving what we offer to match customer needs with the right service model.
- We have launched our Purpose and Values, and are embedding them into all our HR processes including recruitment, promotion and performance management
- We are developing and training leaders through the Barclays Leadership Academy and Barclays Global Curriculum
- We are driving a consistent global diversity and inclusion plan resulting in a more visibly diverse talent pipeline
- We are ensuring the way we do business reflects broader societal and environmental considerations
- We are contributing to growth through financing, supporting businesses and ensuring our products and services support sustainable progress
- We are supporting the communities where we operate by helping five million young people to develop enterprise, employability and financial skills.
More about our 2015 Citizenship Plan (PDF 192KB, new window)
More about Citizenship at Barclays
- We are following a rigorous and transparent framework on conduct risk reporting and management
- We are using material conduct risk assessments to effectively identify, assess and manage conduct risk
- We are exercising sound judgements to avoid detriment to customers, clients and counterparties or to market integrity
- We are delivering the initiatives across the strategic quadrants: Invest and grow, Reposition, Transition, and Exit
- We are managing costs (rightsizing, industrialising, innovating) and delivering our leverage and capital commitments
- We are improving our controls through the roll-out of ‘The Barclays Guide’, which covers how we organise, manage and govern ourselves and includes a new risk management framework